Mini Me/// Burda 9356

Today I have a fun little project to share with you! I saved my leftover fabric pieces from this project and whipped up something for my daughter. I had a lot of fun with this and loved using every last bit of fabric that I had. Just so you know, I’ll be showing pictures of the garment and not her in because we’ve been having a lot of talks lately about putting pictures on the internet and she didn’t want to be photographed. I know that’s tricky when this is a sewing blog and fit is a big part of that, but you will have to trust me that she looks adorable in it!

I sewed up Burda Kids 9356 out of this corduroy in the size 11. This is a classic pattern with an option to also just be a skirt and it has US sizes 6- 14 in the envelope.

I knew it would probably be something she wore more in the fall than now so I sized up. She is also fairly tall so I like that this is plenty long enough and she feels comfortable wearing it as an every day piece.

This pattern came together very quickly. The instructions are clear and the drafting and finishings are great. The two bib pieces are fully lined and the waistband of the skirt allows for a really clean finish on the inside. I also appreciated the construction of the pockets. There is one piece that fits under the front of the skirt and it makes the pockets lie flat and keep any bulk or weird bumps happening.

The shirt I just traced off from a t-shirt she had in her closet. I didn’t have enough fabric to make it long sleeve, so it’s about three quarter with a thick cuff. This fabric is really comfortable and she (and I!) love the colors so I know she will wear it a lot.

A fun project and she loves it! Used up some scraps and also now we have matching outfits- winning all around.

Make That Look///March

I love taking a ready to wear or street styled look and figuring out how to make it for myself. You can find my past Make That Look challenges here!

Today I’m starting with this pin I saved earlier this year.

I’m sorry I don’t have the original source, the link just sends me to Amazon and I couldn’t find the site it started on. I saved this pin because I loved these pants! The high waist, the color, and I liked the seventies vibe with that striped sweater.

Here is what I came up with! I made the Persephone Pants in this stretch corduroy and think they are pretty good at capturing what I liked about the pinned image. I sewed the size 8 and lengthened them so they are full length (the original pattern is cropped!)

For the shirt, I found this beautiful striped rib knit at Blackbird Fabrics and loved that all the colors from my winter module were in it. I sewed up the Seamwork Orlando shirt in the size 6 and just lengthened the sleeves so they would be full length.

Seamwork patterns just don’t fit me, I would need to pinch out some of the front here to make this shirt fit perfectly, but for a simple t-shirt I think it’s ok. I like how wide the scoop is and this will be a great basic t-shirt to layer up and wear throughout the fall and spring.

I am always looking for fun pants that aren’t jeans or leggings but that fit into my stay at home lifestyle. I think these pants are cute, playful, comfortable, and will get worn quite a bit.

How do you think I did?

Stripes, Stripes, and More Stripes!


If you’ve been following me through my Conscious Closet journey you know that I really tend to wear more solids and not many prints. I had this fabric in my stash from at least a year ago and wanted to make something out of it, push myself a bit out of my comfort zone. I happened to be cutting this out while listening to the episode of Love to Sew on pattern matching and figured now was as good a time as any to play with the print a little bit. This was the result!


I love this dress! I had just enough fabric for it and it’s a great summer light weight cotton. I need to replace the snaps as these are too heavy for this fabric, but otherwise it turned out perfectly. ACS_1277

Pattern Details:

Pattern: B6674, version A (minus the self made belt as I ran out of fabric!)

Size/Adjustments made: I made the size 12 in the A/B custom cup sizing. I did have to take in the sides a little, but the fit out of the envelope was really great on this one.

Fabric: This striped voile that I can’t remember where or when I bought it, but you can find it here!

Final thoughts: I love the shape of this dress and was very happy with how I French seamed the inside. It fits so well and I liked playing with the stripes. However I made the mistake of using snaps (just because they were in my stash!) that are not the right weight or size for this light weight fabric. I plan on finding some smaller, lighter snaps and taking the time to change them out.


%d bloggers like this: