Vintage Gingham Wrap Top

I have my first summery make to share today! I love collecting vintage patterns but really try and only get things that I would actually make and wear today. I found this wrap top, Simplicity 7351, on Etsy (I found another one here!) and thought it worked well with some of the trends I’m seeing in stores right now.

A wrap top with two different views, one with a forward yoke and peplum style bottom and one with an interesting curved yoke that wraps and hits at the natural waist. Also options to leave sleeves loose and fluttery or add elastic for that blouson effect.

I went with view two and kept the sleeves open. I used a gingham linen from D&H Fabrics (my color isn’t available but I’ve linked to another fun summery color!) and it’s a perfect match for this pattern.

My copy of the pattern was a size medium and I did have to take it in a little but otherwise made the pattern as is. I love how it turned out! I’ve styled it up with some bottoms from my spring capsule and look forward to trying it with shorts as well.

As always, let me know if you have any questions and here’s to the weather warming up and breaking out our summer looks!

Mini Me/// Burda 9304

Today I have a quick, cute little dress to share with you. I like putting these here, even if there’s not a ton to say about them!, in case you find yourself looking for kids’ clothes to make. I hope you enjoy!

This is a classic little girls sundress, Burda Kids 9304, and it comes in US sizes 6-11. I chose version A with a fully lined bodice, gathered skirt, patch pockets, and ties for straps. I’ve had this pink gingham in my stash for years and was happy to use it up for this breezy summer dress for my daughter. I bought some yellow buttons (her favorite color!) to add a fun detail and sewed up the size 11 pretty quickly.

It’s not warm enough to wear this out yet (hence the no pictures!) but soon I hope to get a picture with her and her brothers. I made them little bow ties out of the scraps!

I did have an issue with the button hole foot on my machine so I ended up just closing the skirt together and sewing the buttons on top for decoration. It works out fine, I’m not sure what was going on but I’ve made buttons on another project and it worked again.

Happy to have this fabric out of my stash and my daughter is very happy with her pretty new dress!