Today I have a fun little project to share with you! I saved my leftover fabric pieces from this project and whipped up something for my daughter. I had a lot of fun with this and loved using every last bit of fabric that I had. Just so you know, I’ll be showing pictures of the garment and not her in because we’ve been having a lot of talks lately about putting pictures on the internet and she didn’t want to be photographed. I know that’s tricky when this is a sewing blog and fit is a big part of that, but you will have to trust me that she looks adorable in it!
I sewed up Burda Kids 9356 out of this corduroy in the size 11. This is a classic pattern with an option to also just be a skirt and it has US sizes 6- 14 in the envelope.
I knew it would probably be something she wore more in the fall than now so I sized up. She is also fairly tall so I like that this is plenty long enough and she feels comfortable wearing it as an every day piece.
This pattern came together very quickly. The instructions are clear and the drafting and finishings are great. The two bib pieces are fully lined and the waistband of the skirt allows for a really clean finish on the inside. I also appreciated the construction of the pockets. There is one piece that fits under the front of the skirt and it makes the pockets lie flat and keep any bulk or weird bumps happening.
The shirt I just traced off from a t-shirt she had in her closet. I didn’t have enough fabric to make it long sleeve, so it’s about three quarter with a thick cuff. This fabric is really comfortable and she (and I!) love the colors so I know she will wear it a lot.
A fun project and she loves it! Used up some scraps and also now we have matching outfits- winning all around.
Today I’m starting with this pin I saved earlier this year.
I’m sorry I don’t have the original source, the link just sends me to Amazon and I couldn’t find the site it started on. I saved this pin because I loved these pants! The high waist, the color, and I liked the seventies vibe with that striped sweater.
Here is what I came up with! I made the Persephone Pants in this stretch corduroy and think they are pretty good at capturing what I liked about the pinned image. I sewed the size 8 and lengthened them so they are full length (the original pattern is cropped!)
For the shirt, I found this beautiful striped rib knit at Blackbird Fabrics and loved that all the colors from my winter module were in it. I sewed up the Seamwork Orlando shirt in the size 6 and just lengthened the sleeves so they would be full length.
Seamwork patterns just don’t fit me, I would need to pinch out some of the front here to make this shirt fit perfectly, but for a simple t-shirt I think it’s ok. I like how wide the scoop is and this will be a great basic t-shirt to layer up and wear throughout the fall and spring.
I am always looking for fun pants that aren’t jeans or leggings but that fit into my stay at home lifestyle. I think these pants are cute, playful, comfortable, and will get worn quite a bit.