If you’ve been following me through my Conscious Closet journey you know that I really tend to wear more solids and not many prints. I had this fabric in my stash from at least a year ago and wanted to make something out of it, push myself a bit out of my comfort zone. I happened to be cutting this out while listening to the episode of Love to Sew on pattern matching and figured now was as good a time as any to play with the print a little bit. This was the result!
I love this dress! I had just enough fabric for it and it’s a great summer light weight cotton. I need to replace the snaps as these are too heavy for this fabric, but otherwise it turned out perfectly.
Pattern: B6674, version A (minus the self made belt as I ran out of fabric!)
Size/Adjustments made: I made the size 12 in the A/B custom cup sizing. I did have to take in the sides a little, but the fit out of the envelope was really great on this one.
Fabric: This striped voile that I can’t remember where or when I bought it, but you can find it here!
Final thoughts: I love the shape of this dress and was very happy with how I French seamed the inside. It fits so well and I liked playing with the stripes. However I made the mistake of using snaps (just because they were in my stash!) that are not the right weight or size for this light weight fabric. I plan on finding some smaller, lighter snaps and taking the time to change them out.